Skin Allergy Treatment in Webster TX
A skin allergy occurs when the skin gets irritated as a result of the immune system’s reaction to something that is normally safe. This is known as an allergic reaction. Skin that is red, rough, and itching can be annoying, uncomfortable, and unsightly. Rashes can be caused by a variety of factors, including exposure to specific plants (such as poison ivy) or allergic reactions to medications or foods. Some common signs of skin allergy are rash, itching, redness, swelling, raised bumps, or cracked skin. Our board-certified doctors, Dr. Niraj Choudhary, M.D., and Dr. Smriti Choudhary, M.D., are experienced in diagnosing and treating skin allergies. Visit our clinic today! We are conveniently located at 360 E Medical Center Blvd Suite C Webster TX 77598. For more information, please contact us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Skin allergies are a common type of allergy that can cause symptoms such as hives, rashes, or allergic eczema, which are typically itchy, red, and uncomfortable. Skin allergies are commonly caused by environmental factors, irritants, or when coming into contact with certain substances, including detergents, metals, and dyes. In general terms, skin allergies are caused by an immune system response to an external substance. Fortunately, there are a number of safe and effective treatments for skin allergies, which can be provided at a qualified allergy clinic.
Skin allergies cause a wide range of symptoms, most of which are visible on the dermis. These include:
• Irritation — Skin irritation is a common sign of allergies, which may include a stinging sensation or general discomfort.
• Itching — One of the most common symptoms of a skin allergy is itching; this may be a sign of the start of an allergic reaction.
• Swelling — Skin allergies can cause particular areas to become swollen, making them look out of shape compared to the other parts. This swelling is often painful and can persist for several hours, causing a great deal of discomfort.
• Rashes — Another common sign of a skin allergy is a rash, which may develop quickly and suddenly after coming into contact with an allergen.
• Redness — Allergic skin reactions are often accompanied by redness, which is a sign of irritation and inflammation.
• Bumps, Welts or Raised Marks — A lot of people with skin allergies experience bumps, welts, or raised areas of skin; they may appear red or discolored and often cause discomfort or itching.
There are many reasons behind the occurrence of skin allergies, from chemicals found in cosmetic products and detergents to medications and poisonous plants. Causes of skin allergies include:
• Beauty Products — Many people overlook this particular cause, but cosmetic products, including makeup, creams, serums, and soaps, can cause skin irritation and an allergic reaction upon contact.
• Dyes In Clothing — Skin allergies can be caused due to harmful dyes used in the manufacturing of clothing; even if these fabrics are washed before use, there may be residue from certain dyes that can irritate the skin.
• Latex — Natural rubber, which comes from the rubber tree, is a well-known cause of skin allergies; many people with a latex allergy have a sudden onset of symptoms, which can be dangerous if left untreated.
• Bug Bites — Insect bites and stings contain irritating chemicals that can cause a reaction when coming into contact with the skin.
• Medication — Certain medications, particularly antibiotics like penicillin, can cause a skin reaction, producing hives and rashes that can spread over the entire body.
– Contact With Poisonous Plants — We are all familiar with poison ivy and the effects it can have when in contact with the skin. These plants, including poison oak, cause skin irritation due to the oils on the leaves.
There are many different types of skin allergies, both common and rare; these include:
• Allergic Eczema
• Diaper Rash
• Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
• Contact Dermatitis
• Tick Bite
At Allergy and You, we use a number of different methods to treat allergic reactions. The type of treatment used is based on the patient’s individual needs and can vary depending on a variety of factors, including:
• The type of allergy
• The severity of the allergy
• The frequency of allergic reactions
• Treatments tried in the past
The doctors at Allergy And You can help you improve your skin’s health and manage your skin allergies. Contact us today, book an appointment with us, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 360 E Medical Center Boulevard Suite C, Webster, TX 77598. We serve patients from Webster TX, Bacliff TX, Dickinson TX, Seabrook TX, League City TX, and Clear Lake City TX. We look forward to serving you!